Keeping Small Business Viable Through Space Activation and Place Making
What do you do with an empty concrete canvas that has 12 decades of history weaved through it?
How do keep small businesses viable in the shadow of corporate giants? How do you break down years of status quo as you re-create and reconnect a community back to its electric roots at the same time embracing what's next?
Adrian Urlacher, Amanda Weightman from The BLOX and Geoff Hughes from Park Digital talk about what it takes to nurture and strengthen the human to human experience in business and the future of space activation and placemaking in Calgary.
We want community, yet struggle to create it around ourselves. They fill our tank and give meaning to our lives, and the connection gap is widening. It really does take something to build community in today’s world. And all it takes is one energetic visionary with the courage to step forward with an idea to become a catalyst.
The BLOX (formerly known as the Beltline BIA) is a new BIA blazing a new trail, and building a brand that will take everyone within their community walls into the future and having a lot of fun doing it.
- A jack of all trades is a master of none?
- The power of being part of community
- The tragic reality of what it takes
- What does a clear vision of the future open up?
- The best time to start?
- Who do you have in your corner?
- alignment of values and people
- Say yes and how and not no and why
- Uncommon sizzle that's electric? Yes please!